Friday, July 23, 2021





 Fawlty Showers 2


Stumbling

The next morning I woke an hour late. I’d fallen asleep without setting my alarm.  My back was bothering me and I hadn’t slept well.

After I let the dog out, I sat upright against the headboard, thinking I wouldn’t sleep, I’d just rest my eyes. An hour later I woke up again.

Two hours behind, I remembered I had to clean out the dog and the cat’s water and food bowls.  Blondie had left her chinchilla with us while she was on vacation. I needed to clean his cage.

I handed the chinch a tiny stick. He ate the bark like he was eating corn, staring at me, his tail twitching in delight. I finished his cage about the time he was done with the stick.

“Just one,” I said and gave him a sunflower seed. I was two and half hours behind.  “I should just go back to bed.” The chinchilla looked to me for another seed. I gave it to him.

“I stumbled through this morning,” I said, “but I’m still moving forward.” I grabbed my laptop and headed to work.

Today if I stumble, I will stumble forward.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment