Thursday, July 8, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Downhill Runs/Uphill Battles

The next day I got to work early, hoping to get a lot done.  Randy had installed a new security system on the office suite. A storm the night before had knocked the keypad offline.


Feeling more than a little frustrated, I trudged next door to the dormitory to see if the night nurse had a code or a key I could use to get in.


The night nurse was busy with a resident. I’d have to wait. An hour later we discovered neither her key nor the override code worked.


“Just trying to get into the office has been an uphill battle,” I whined. “I’m tempted to call it a day and go home.”


The nurse shook her head, “My mom used to say if you only run downhill you’ll always end up at the bottom.”


I nodded. If I only did the easy things, if I never fought the uphill battles, I’d never get anywhere.

 

Today I will fight the uphill battle.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment