Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


I herd You!

The principal said, “I missed what you said about the herd.”


“In college I was part of a herd that drank a lot.  Traveling with other heavy drinkers, I didn’t see I was on the outer edges of the herd.


“A couple of years after graduation, a friend said, ‘We can’t drink like we used to.’  I was drinking more.  I realized most of the herd had turned, but I had kept going, getting closer and closer to the cliff.”


“You’re saying when everyone’s drinking, it’s hard to know if you’re the person with a drinking problem.”


“Often until you stumble over the cliff,” I said.  


A sad look crossed her face. “I shouldn’t tell you this, but my husband’s still part of a herd. He can’t see his problem because all his friends drink as heavily as he does.”


“Herd mentality. You gotta  watch out for it.”


 

Today I’ll beware of herd mentality.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment