Tuesday, July 6, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


“Herbie Wants To Be A Dentist.”

After group I sat in my office, resenting a little how getting people to participate in group had been like pulling teeth. 


I thought of a woman I’d known who was going to make her boyfriend listen to her. For ten years getting him to pay attention to her had been like pulling teeth. She married him anyway, and divorced him two years later.


A friend of a friend was going to convince his older brother he too should quit drinking. After years of arguing with his brother, the younger man relapsed.


“At some point,” I said to my laptop. “You stop arguing. You make your point and move on. You stop pulling teeth, you stop pretending to be a dentist, or it will wear you out.”


In the afternoon I presented the lesson with enthusiasm, encouraging their participation, but not pulling teeth to get it.


 

Today I won’t pretend to be a dentist.


 

Fawlty Showers II is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment