Tuesday, July 27, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


Walk Away

I looked at Katy,


“I think I’m pregnant,” she said.


“How did that happen?” I asked.


“Don’t you have two kids of your own, Ken?”


I said, “I mean, I know how it happens, but why?  I thought you and your husband were splitting up.”


“He was back in town. He’s handsome. He’s smart. He’s persuasive and persistent.”


I wanted to say he’s a narcissistic, serial cheater, POS, but instead I shrugged, “Some people who learn to be persuasive persist, thinking sooner or later you’ll give in.”


Katy sighed, “What do you do about them?”


“Early on people tried to persuade me to drink again. I learned my best strategy was to walk away. Maybe avoid them in the first place. I lost some relationships, but I’m still sober.”

 

Today I will avoid persuasive, persistent, people pushing me into peril.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment