Monday, July 12, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


When I See the Slope

The next time I ran group, we talked about the powerlessness from the first step of AA. 

 

“Imagine level ground, leading to a slope, next to a cliff,” I said. “You’re not truly powerless until you jump, but then your powerlessness is complete.


 “But,” I said, “You are not powerless when you see the sloping ground. You’re not powerless when you step onto the slope, but it is easier to stumble toward the cliff than to turn around.  When you reach the edge of the cliff, it’s uphill back to safety, but you’re still not powerless.”


“So we should turn around when we see the slope,” a woman said. She chuckled. “For me all mall parking lots slope downward toward a credit card cliff.”


“My house looks level, but all the floors slope toward the refrigerator,” another woman added. “Must be all the wine inside.”


“My ex,” a man said, shaking his head. “She’s a sexy exit ramp to the bowels of hell. When I jump off her cliff I wake up with my wallet, my self-esteem, my morals broken on the rocks of her evil manipulations. She’s…”  


I cut him off, “Let’s just say she’s not good for you, and you should turn around when you see the slope leading to her door.”   

 


Today I’ll turn around when I see the slope.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment