Monday, July 26, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Lean on Me

I righted myself and got to work thinking it would be an ordinary day. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Abigail’s aunt made a suicide gesture in a last ditch attempt to pry money from Abigail.

Dana’s daughter, The Princess, called to say she was stuck on the side of the road in Mexico.  Her boyfriend, The Dope Without Hope, had never had the oil changed in his car.

Randy discovered he had a son who wanted him to pay half his private school tuition.

“Life’s a little unsettled for everyone but you and me,” I said to Katy the Office Manager.

She looked down at her belly and said, “Well about that,…”

Sitting in my office, I said to DD the baby bunny, “I’ve been lucky to have people around me when my life was unsettled. It’s kinda nice to be the settled one his friends can lean on.”

 

Today I’ll be grateful when I can be the one to lean on.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment