Thursday, July 22, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Just Joking

I went to an AA meeting that night.  Stanley and Talmadge sat in their usual seats by the door.


“Your wife ask about me?” Stanley asked a wicked smile on his ancient face.


I laughed, “Not by name, but she did ask how the fossil in the track suit was doing.”


“If she asks if the nasty old Q-tip is dead,” Talmadge said, “you’ll know she’s talking about Stanley.”


Stanley and Talmadge traded insults with each other, before turning their attention to people they knew walking through the door.  Laughter echoed through the church basement.


It did my heart good to be around people I could joke with.


Today I’ll be grateful for people I can joke with.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment