Wednesday, July 28, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


A Good Whatever
Katy hesitated, then asked, “What if I’m not a good mom?”


“Were you a good mom so far today? Are you doing all the things a pregnant woman is supposed to do?”


Katy smiled. “I took my vitamins, meditated, started another book on pregnancy, ate a heathy breakfast – the whole deal.”


“So you were a good mom today.  A hidden meaning for that slogan ‘one day at a time’ is be a good whatever today, don’t worry about being a good whatever forever.”


Katy stood and hugged me. “You’re a good friend.”


“Today I am. Tomorrow I might steal the Raisinets you have hidden in your top desk drawer.”

 

Today I will try to be a good whatever, not worrying about being a good whatever forever.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment