Monday, December 27, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


"He who hesitates..."

Epiphany Chaser was at the next AA meeting. She had been drinking the day before, but said it was no big deal.


“New Year’s Day is a week away,” she said. “I’ll have a glass of champagne New Year’s Eve and quit after that.”


“What about Valentine’s Day?” I asked.


“Oh yeah, maybe then.”


“When’s your birthday?”


“April 17th.”


“Memorial Day picnics?”


Epiphany looked like she was catching on. “I don’t like beer, but I always have a few on Memorial Day to start the summer.”


“July Fourth?"


“Family reunion,” Epiphany said, a frown crossing her face.  Her mood brightened a moment later. “OK, I get it. There’s always a reason to put off getting sober, always a reason to put off doing something you should.”


“There’s always another milestone, another anniversary, another holiday,” I said.  “That’s why you should quit now.”


“Righty right,” Epiphany said with a half-laugh.  “New Year’s day I start over.”


I fought the urge to pound my head on the table.

 

Today I won’t put off doing something I should.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment