Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

Setting

I walked away from Epiphany to get another cup of coffee.


I didn’t recognize the woman approaching me with her hand extended.


“Kathy,” she said, seeing the lack of recognition in my face. “I come to your trainings when you’re in the South Hills.”


“You always sit up front,” I said, picturing my last training there. “I’m sorry I didn’t remember you.”


“No need to apologize.  It’s all about the setting where you see someone.”


After she left I thought about how setting can affect memory, but also how we see things originally.


Binge drinking in certain settings looks like socializing. Control can look like concern in a relationship. Loneliness can look like self-reliance and independence in the elderly. An addiction can look like treatment when it comes from a prescription pad.


“The trick,” I said to myself, “is to see past the setting.”


 

Today I’ll try to see past the setting to how things truly are.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment