Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

 Gratitude

After the meeting, I got in line to thank the speaker. Not everyone did. The meeting was over at 9:00. People had kids to put to bed, things to do before they slept.


 Still, I was happily surprised at how many people did stay to express their gratitude to the speaker.


As I stood in line, The Preacher droned on and on with the speaker about his own fears.  I started to grow restless.


Instead of pouring my coffee over The Preacher’s head, I made a list of ways people showed they were grateful.


Working in the Alumni Office in college, I’d met alums who’d donated huge sums of money.  I looked in my wallet:  $7.00 and a coupon for a free Wendy’s Frosty.  I turned my attention to smaller gestures.


People waived when you let them merge in traffic.  Some thanked you for holding the door.   Dr. Deb set a basket of snacks and water on our front porch for the folks delivering packages.


I decided along with my usual snark and sarcasm, I’d express more gratitude.

 

Today I will express my gratitude.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                   
www.greenbriartraining.com 

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment