Thursday, December 30, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

Don’t Drink and Drive

The next day was New Year’s Eve, known in AA and among bartenders as Amateur Night. Even people who didn’t normally drink too much drank way too much.


I remembered several New Year’s Eves I’d preferred to forget. Others I didn’t remember at all. I’d driven drunk more times than I cared to think about.


That New Year’s Eve I’d be safely at home, not a danger to myself or anyone else.


People I knew planned to stay over after a party. Others had a designated driver or would call an Uber or Lyft.  


Even so, there would people on the road who shouldn’t have been. Some would be just a little impaired, others blind drunk.  All were a threat to themselves and others, including people I loved.


“Can’t stop everyone from drinking and driving,” I said to myself, “but I’m grateful for the people who don’t.”

 

Today I’ll be grateful for people who don’t drink and drive.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible 

No comments:

Post a Comment