Thursday, December 2, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


 Forgiveness, Part II

Randy and I continued our conversation as we walked down the hall.


I said, “If someone forgives you, that’s a gift. If someone forgives you and you never do it again, that’s growth.”


Randy said, “But if someone forgives you again and again for something you keep doing, that’s enabling.”


“Yup. And at some point you gotta stop enabling,  or you gotta  get away from that person.”


Randy smiled. “My grandmother used to say ‘Forgive and forget? No, forgive one last time and FOR God’s sake GET away.’”


“Wise woman, your grandmother,” I said.


“Well, maybe. My grandfather disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Maybe she got tired of forgiving him and decided if one them had to go…”

 


Today I’ll forgive without enabling.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

 www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment