Friday, December 17, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Tempting, But No…

Brat Boy was watching the NBA at my house when I got home from the meeting. I showed him an old recruiting letter I’d found while sorting through the attic.


“You ever regret not going there?” I asked.


Brat Boy shook his head. “On a warm spring day they might only get a foot of snow. I wasn’t really tempted.”


While we watched Steph Curry rain three pointers on the Trail Blazers, I thought of all the things that didn’t tempt me.


I was never tempted to eat another 10,000 calorie slice of lasagna because I hated lasagna.


I was never tempted to take a loan out to buy coffee in a place where an ‘e’ was pronounced like ‘a’.  No $15 latte grande from the cafe for me (pronounced ‘may’).  


Most importantly, I wasn’t tempted anymore to have one more drink, get in my car, and ruin someone’s life, most likely my own.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for ways I’m not tempted.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment