Monday, December 6, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Represent

Stanley’s attention drifted off.  Margaret The Newbie put a hand on the small of my back and another on Talmadge’s shoulder.


She said, “Thank you both for being my friend, and not trying to borrow money or sleep with me.”


“You’re welcome,” I said, not sure what to make of her comment. Margaret seemed to catch my confusion.


“I expect the worst from men,” Margaret said, sounding half serious. “I’m rarely wrong.”


 “Hopefully we can raise your expectations,” Talmadge said, rolling his eyes.


I wondered if raising someone’s expectations of the groups I belonged to – men, people in recovery, sixty-somethings, etc. – might not be a good goal for the day.


 

Today I’ll try to raise someone’s expectations.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com 

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment