Wednesday, December 22, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


Trudge Through the Sludge

The next day I woke up with a headache.


 I had sprinted through work the day before, seeming to know the answer to every issue. That day I found myself trudging through my responsibilities.


Everything I needed to know, I had to look up.  Everyone I needed to contact wasn’t available. I struggled to write, not finding the words I needed, not able to express my ideas.


I really wanted to shut my door, turn off my phone and my laptop, and do nothing. A friend had coined the term ‘a sit in the pit.’ He described it as letting tiredness, frustration, boredom, or some other down emotion immobilize you.


“Sit in the pit?” I said to DD the bunny. He stared at me. “No, you’re right,” I said. “I’m lucky enough to have the energy to trudge through the sludge. Some people don’t.”


At the end of the day, I was surprised at how much I’d gotten done. It wasn’t as much as the day before, but it was still something.


“If I can today, I will trudge through the sludge rather than sit in the pit.”

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 


No comments:

Post a Comment