Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


 What The Cat Dragged In

When I let the cat in, the dog trotted over to him.  She sniffed the cat’s face, no doubt smelling the bird.  They both turned to look at me, disapproval written on their faces.


“You’re not bringing live animals into the house,” I said. They continued to stare.  The dog whined, just a little, to let me know she was particularly unhappy.


The cat licked a paw. I was convinced his middle claw was extended just a bit more than the others. “I don’t care if you two like it or not. Rules are rules.”


Dr. Deb sat down on the couch.  The animals walked past me to sit with her.


“Really?” I asked. They curled up next to her.


“You don’t have to like my boundaries, but you do have to live with them,” I said.  I told Dr. Deb about the bird.


“Do you think that just maybe you read a little too much into the animals’ behavior?” Dr. Deb asked.

 

Today I will remember people (and pets) don’t have to like the boundaries I set.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment