Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Down for the Count

When I passed Katy’s desk leaving work, I saw she was crying. I asked if she was OK.


“My brother-in-law and my nephew told me to shut up,” she said, wiping away a tear.


“Are you angry?”


“I’m happy! My sister left a message earlier to say they were all coming to be with me when the baby’s born. I called to say they didn’t have to, they had a farm to run, and I’d be alright.”


I got it. “They told you to shut up in a loving way. They were going to be there for you when you needed them.”


Katy nodded. “I can always count on them.”


I thought of the people I’d known who’d had so little support at crucial moments in their lives.  I counted myself lucky to have had so many people I could count on.


 

Today I’ll be grateful for the people I can count on.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment