Monday, December 20, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

 No Admittance

The next afternoon I was sitting on my couch. The cat was at the door, injured bird in his mouth.

I loved the cat. I loved having the cat in the house.  I didn’t love the idea of a semi-dead bird hopping around, leaving droppings everywhere.

I loved alcohol. But having it in my life brought too many problems.

Katy told me there were things she had loved about her ex, but he brought too many heartaches.

The cat eventually dropped the bird. I let him in.

After many tries, I accepted I was never going to have the things I liked about booze without the problems it brought. I had to drop it.

Katy’s ex wasn’t likely to drop his narcissism at the door. She stopped letting him into her heart.

 

Today I’ll be careful about what I let into my life.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment