Thursday, December 16, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


 Flippin’ Out

Tomas told me he’d gone out drinking several times before anything bad happened.


I pulled a quarter from my pocket. “The odds of flipping heads are always fifty/fifty, right?”


 “What bizarre point is he making now?” Tomas said to nobody. “Right, so what?”


“And, if I flip nine heads in a row, the odds of flipping another head are still 50/50.”


 “Oh Longwinded Oracle of Irwin,” Tomas said, his voice dripping sarcasm, “can we get to point?”


“The odds of not flipping tails in ten tries are less than one in a thousand,” I said.


“So?”


“The odds of something bad happening on a single night are like flipping tails, might be 50/50, maybe less.  The odds of something bad happening, of flipping tails, goes up each time you give in to any bad habit.”


“You couldn’t have just said in the long run bad habits will bite you?” Tomas asked.

 


Today I will look at my odds in the long run.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment