Thursday, December 9, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

Optimistic

The speaker’s name was Martha, but she went by her childhood nickname, Coco.  “I had a hot chocolate addiction long before I discovered wine,” she said, smiling.


I mentioned that she hadn’t said what she did for a living.


“I’m a nerd wrangler, I help people get financing for web-based startup companies.”


“Sounds interesting,” I said.


She laughed. “The money end of it is more boring than you can imagine.  The innovation is exciting.”


Coco pointed to a man staring at his phone. “People read bad news 24/7.  It’s like they drive past an accident, get off the next exit, turn around and drive past it again.”


“Depresses the hell out of them,” I said, not sure what she was getting at.


“They see all the bad in the world, not knowing what I know. Incredible things are being developed, maybe on someone’s laptop next door.”


I thought I understood her point. “You can’t wear rose colored glasses, but there’s always reason to be optimistic, always some good brewing somewhere.”


Coco nodded, “And optimistic people tend to treat themselves better. They’re much less likely to worry, drink, or eat themselves to death.”



Today I’ll be optimistic, knowing something good is brewing somewhere.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment