Monday, April 11, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Good Dog

Epiphany Chaser had told me she missed both her boyfriends, but planned to replace them with a dog. She brought Mojo to an AA meeting a few days later.


I had expected her to get a tiny puppy, dress it up in some ridiculous outfit, and carry it around in an oversized purse.


Instead, she walked in with what looked like a pit bull-retriever mix. The dog moved slowly, as if every step was being put to a vote.


“I got him from the shelter,” Epiphany said.  “His owner died, and I wanted to make his last years as comfortable as possible.”


When I’m ready to give up on people, I’ll remind myself I don’t know what good lurks in their hearts.

 


Today I won’t underestimate the good in people.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment