Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Stop

One of Life’s most important lessons is learning when to stop:


‘You look good’, without adding, ‘for your age.’


‘What a handsome boy,’ not asking, ‘are you sure you’re his father?’


‘A small popcorn, please,’ not piling on with, ‘oh, and Twizzlers, a refillable bucket of Pepsi, and Sour Patch Kids. Do you have loan applications?’


‘I’ll take the shoes,’ not running up your credit card with, ‘and the belt, the purse, and the earrings. Does the purse come with a small dog?’


‘I got a DUI, ‘I’m done drinking,’ stop before adding ‘whiskey, just beer from now on.’


‘I’m done with my prescription,’ never deciding, ‘so I’ll have to find a new supply.’

 

Today I’ll know when to stop.

 

Fawlty Showers 2  is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment