Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Old Dogs, Old Men, Good Examples

Talmadge smiled as he scratched under Mojo’s chin.


“You’ve given me a great idea,” he said to Epiphany, “I’m too old for a puppy, but I’d love to adopt an older dog like Mojo here.”


I smiled, thinking how one good deed, one good example, could set things in motion.


I knew a family of heavy, heavy drinkers. The youngest sister got sober. Her older sister saw how her life improved and quit drinking too. A few years later their mother followed suit.


A year into her sobriety, the mom left her verbally abusive husband.  After being told time and again she was stupid and unlikeable, she discovered she was really good at business. People loved her.


Epiphany Chaser and Talmadge looked at me.


“Can’t adopt a dog,” I said. “I already have a dog and a cat.” But maybe I could set a good example and hope it caught on.


Today I’ll set a good example and hope it catches on.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment