Thursday, April 7, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

 Something Else

“So,” I said to the caller, “what are you going to do today?”

“I don’t want to go to rehab, so I’m not gonna drink.”

“What else?”

“I don’t know. Today’s my day off. Thought I’d just hang around.”

“If you just hang around you’ll think about how much you’d like a drink,” I said. “Try doing something else.”

“You mean like coke instead of alcohol?” She cackled.

“Like walking.”

She cackled again. I cringed, thinking her laugh could drive someone to drink.

“Like shopping,” I said.

“Like hooking up with someone I met online instead of drinking.”

I laughed, “Like gardening, or some other hobby.”

“OK, maybe I’ll take my mom to lunch,” she said finally letting the joke go. 

“That would be something else.”

 

Today I’ll do something else.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment