Monday, April 25, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Spotter

I went to the gym late in the day after I got back from Philly.  The weight room was empty except for me, a few high school kids, and a massive guy who looked like he could bench press my car.


“Spot me?” the man big enough for his own area code asked me.


“It would be hard to miss you,” I joked. He didn’t laugh. I tried not to wet myself.


“I want to get two more reps,” he said, sliding onto the bench, grabbing a bar laden with 45 lb. plates. “I think I can do it, but spot me just in case.”


I stood behind the bench, ready to help him lift the bar if he faltered. 


He was able to push the bar off his chest twice without my help. He reminded me the strongest among us are wise to have a spotter, someone looking out for us, just in case.

 

Today I’ll remember the strongest among us needs a spotter.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment