Friday, April 29, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

It’s About Time

I got a text from an AA newcomer complaining that he was sixty days sober and his wife still hadn’t forgiven him.


He had gotten drunk at her niece’s wedding.  Among other things, he’d started a fight with the photographer, grabbed a bridesmaid’s butt, and loudly predicted the marriage wouldn’t last six months.


Before I could remind him of these facts he texted that while he’d ‘gotten a little carried away,’ he’d been drunk. Now he was sober. She needed to get over it or he didn’t see his marriage lasting much longer.


He wasn’t a bad guy sober. I thought in time his wife might forgive him.


I thought about all the times in my life I’d seen people give up on something too soon, no waiting for time to do its magic.


‘Time takes time,’ I texted, ‘give yourself and her time.’

 

Today I’ll remember time takes time.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment