Wednesday, April 27, 2022

FAWLTY SHOWERS 2

FAWLTY SHOWERS 2

The First Time

The next morning, I ran group.  A woman nicknamed NarCanadian for her Toronto roots and tendency to overdose, said, “You know that saying, what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger? I wish those things had made me wiser instead.”


“You’re here now,” I said. “Maybe you didn’t learn the first time, but you wised up eventually.”


Rather than dwell on what they were slow to learn, I asked them list things they learned the first time.


“The drill instructor doesn’t think you’re funny.”


“Don’t tell the state trooper he can’t look in your trunk if all he’s said so far is ‘hello’.”


“You shouldn’t fill out your tax return when you’re high. And weed is not an allowable business expense, even if you list your occupation as ‘dealer’.”


“Don’t pee on an electric fence, no matter how much someone bets you that you won’t.”


“And you all wised up after the first time,” I said. “Let’s hope we all do the same with each new lesson Life teaches us.”

 

Today I hope to learn my lesson the first time.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment