Thursday, April 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Rotten Kids and Earthworms

That evening I was pulling weeds from our flowerbeds when I heard a tiny giggle from behind me.  I pretended not to notice.


A twig snapped. I lifted my head, but didn’t turn around.


Leaves rained down on my head and shoulders. I stood and yelled “Hey you rotten kids, get out of my yard!”


Three little neighbor kids ran away laughing hysterically.


I pretended to go back to pulling weeds.  They snuck up on me again and again.


Finally, they crouched down to ‘help’ by gathering up the worms unearthed when I pulled clumps of grass.


“Don’t take those inside,” I said, even though I was pretty sure they would.


I’d had a lot to do, but when they left I was glad I’d taken the time to put a little fun into my day.


Life has painful moments, out of our control and unavoidable. On the other hand, fun and joy can and should be sought, if for no other reason than to add balance.

 

Today I’ll put a little fun into my day.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment