Friday, April 8, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Capable

Dana stopped by later with a box of donuts from the bakery. I told her I’d given up sweets for Lent.


Her jaw dropped. “You put your six donuts a day habit on hold?”


“I did,” I said. “I’m as shocked as you are I’ve stuck to it.”


Dana told me she’d given up pizza. My jaw dropped. Dana loved pizza almost as much as she loved her kids, maybe a little more than her daughter The Princess on some days.


We stared at each other in disbelief.


“Just goes to show you never know what you’re capable of until you try,” Dana said.  “Next year we should make a pact to give up coffee.”


We both laughed.


“Maybe we should give up breathing while we’re at it!” I joked.


After she left I remembered how in the beginning I truly doubted I was capable of staying sober. I thought of all the people I’d met who didn’t know how capable they were until they tried.

 


Today I won’t know what I’m capable of until I try.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment