Thursday, April 14, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

I’m Happy For You, And You, And You

Dana stopped in my office the next day.


“Guess why I’m so happy,” she said.


I looked her up and down. “You kept the receipt for those shoes?”


She snorted. “The Dope Without Hope stopped by our house to ask for another chance.  The Princess seemed like she was gonna take him back, but then she turned him down cold. Shut the door. Pulled the lever. Hit the delete key.”


I smiled. The Dope Without Hope was a charming weasel who’d been a drain on Dana’s daughter for the entire two years of their relationship.


“She made the right decision,” I said. “You gotta be happy for her.”


I thought of all the people in my life who’d made the right decision, gathering up a little second happiness from each of them.


Today I’ll be happy for people who’ve made the right decision.

  

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment