Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Past the Past

Abigail said nothing more as she sipped her tea.


“So,” I said, hesitating, “how’s the new relationship?”


“I can’t believe my good fortune,” Abigail said with a heavy sigh.


“You sound like you should be happy, not like you are happy.”


“I know it’s irrational, even when I’m enjoying her company, part of me remembers my aunt telling me I’m unlovable. It makes me want to end it.”


“Sometimes my joints hurt when I first start working out, the pain from wear and tear from the past…”


Abigail finished my thought, “But you keep moving, knowing you’ll get past the pain and enjoy your workout.”


“Exactly.”


“My pain is the wear and tear of past years living with my aunt. I can accept that pain, and keep going.” work through it.”


“Get past the past,” I said, “ought to be an AA slogan.”  

  

Today I’ll get past my past pain and enjoy the present.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment