Monday, April 4, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Understand?

The Preacher was a great example of the difference between knowledge and understanding.

The Preacher knew what he knew.  The speaker hadn’t had anything to fear.

He saw no reason to try to understand why she had been afraid, let alone had panic attacks.

The speaker sought help for her panic.  She went beyond basic knowledge to understand why she reacted as she did. That understanding helped her conquer her fears.

I knew, as a rational human being, I should have been able to judge when I’d had enough to drink. Time and again I missed the mark.

Now I understand because of genetics and other factors, I’m not in control of my drinking.  Because of that understanding I don’t drink.

 

Today I’ll look beyond knowledge for understanding.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment