Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Before Not After

I answered a call at work that morning.

“I want a drink,” the caller said. “I’m hopeless.”

“You called before you did something you’d regret,” I said. “Most people who call here have already done it.”

Her laugh was more of a cackle.

“I used to be one of those people.  Now I know you work it out with the electric company before they shut off your power.”

“Talk to your significant other before you find all your stuff on the lawn,” I said.

“Make your landlord fix the leak before your ceiling caves in.”

“Take your car to the shop when the light comes on, before the whole engine bursts into flame.”

“See the doc about your diabetes before they amputate your toes.”

“You lost your toes?” I asked.

“My dad,” she said with a sigh. “He believed the docs were just after his money.  Even as he was going blind he insisted he didn’t have diabetes.”

 

Today I’ll do something before not after.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment