Monday, May 2, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Predictions, Fjords, Serial Killers

That night I turned on the TV. Two programs caught my eye – a two season Viking saga and a six-part documentary on serial killers.


I told the voice in my head to shut up, lots of perfectly sane and nonviolent people were interested in Vikings and serial killers.


At about 8:00 I watched the longboats sail out of the fjord.


‘What happened last time you started a series at night?’ the voice asked.


“I had to watch one more episode until the wee hours of the morning,” I answered.


‘And you think this time will be different because…?’


I turned off the TV.


“I know,” I said to the voice, “if nothing changes, past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.”


I thought about how that applied to eating, gambling, shopping, and so many other behaviors.

 

Today I’ll remember, if nothing changes, past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment