Thursday, May 5, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Deer: Cute and Evil

I almost hit a deer on my way to work.  While many people thought deer were cute, I knew the truth. “You’re a car wrecking, tick carrying, plant eating, vermin from the bowels of hell,” I said out loud.


I laughed at my overreaction to the deer, but my thoughts turned to how cuteness often hides danger.


The dessert ‘Death by Chocolate’ sounds funny and cute, unless you’re diabetic.


The evil ex may still look cute, but probably hasn’t become any less toxic.


The cartoon animals on the scratch-off ticket seem cute to the gambler, until she’s spent a paycheck on them.


Certain drinks can seem too cute be considered ‘real drinks’, even by someone with a drinking problem.  “It’s just orange juice and champagne.”


“Not going to be fooled by cuteness today,” I said as the deer wandered off the road, looking back with what I imagined was a sneer.


 

Today I’ll beware of danger wrapped in cuteness.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment