Friday, May 13, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Credit Report

“Dammit!” Talmadge said, looking at his watch.


“Past your bedtime?” I asked.


“No, my watch is dead. I won’t get credit for the steps I took.”


That night I learned Talmadge wasn’t part of a group trying to lose weight.  He and his wife weren’t encouraging each other to walk more. Nobody but Talmadge and his watch knew how far he’d walked.


“Give yourself credit for the steps you took, even if you don’t know how many,” I said.


Talmadge and Epiphany Chaser rolled their eyes in unison. Clearly, I didn’t understand the whole watch thing.


What I did understand was the only credit you’re guaranteed is the credit you give yourself.


Today I’ll give myself credit.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment