Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Falling, Mumbling, Bunny

The Detox Nurse came over from the dorm building to assess the man. 


After she took his vitals, she asked if he could walk next door with her.


He mumbled, “Can’t walk so good. Best I can do is fall forward.”


The man and I laughed. The nurse rolled her eyes, but smiled. I helped her get him to Detox.


When I got back to my office I thought about what the man had said.


I told DD the bunny, “Some days I can take long strides in the right direction. Some days the best I can do is fall forward. As long as I’m moving in the right direction, it’s all good.”

 

Today I’ll at least fall forward.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment