Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Cake and Loopholes

Dana dropped by my office with a big box from the bakery.


“What’s this?” I asked.


“Cake,” Dana said. “Husband is on a health kick. He thinks I’m poisoning you and me with our daily donut ritual.”


I laughed. “So, you promised you wouldn’t buy donuts today?”


“And I kept my promise because I’m a good wife.”


“He has a point. And this cake instead of donuts loophole won’t make us any healthier.”


“Do you want to talk about loopholes or eat cake?” Dana asked.


I shoveled a forkful into my mouth feeling my blood sugar surge and my arteries harden.

 

Today I won’t look for the loophole.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment