Monday, May 9, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Bunny Bites

That afternoon Dipshit Dumbass the bunny arrived back at my door. Seems he bit the little boy.


I apologized to the boy’s father.


“It was a good lesson,” the man said with a shrug.  “You gave him a pet you obviously liked when my son needed him more.”


I almost sprained my arm patting myself on the back before remembering DD did bite the kid.


I thought I should have anticipated DD might not react well to the rough handling he was likely to get from a little boy.  I felt terrible about the boy having to give up the bunny.


“But, he did show me he could be responsible,” the father added. “I got him a puppy.”


A playful puppy wouldn’t mind being picked up, hugged, or chased.


I wasn’t happy the boy had been bitten, but he got a puppy and I got DD back.


After the man left, I said to DD, “Sometimes what looks like a setback is really a step in a better direction.”

 

Today I’ll remember what looks like a setback might be a step in a better direction.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment