Thursday, May 19, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

DIY Nasal Surgery

Margaret the Newbie called right before lunch to talk about her relapse.


“My ex bought his newly graduated, newly pregnant, new girlfriend a car,” she said.  “He used to get mad when I ordered an expensive dinner.”


“And drinking changed everything,” I said, careful to keep the sarcasm out of my voice.


Margaret sighed. “It changed nothing. I was still full of resentment. I cut off my nose to spite my face.”


“The Surgeon General doesn’t recommend DIY nasal surgery.”


“I’m so stupid.”


“No, you’re not,” I said. “And you’re not alone. People hurt themselves all the time trying to get back at someone.”


“Never again,” Margaret said. I hoped so.

 

Today, no DIY nasal surgery.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment