Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Do They Make a Self-Absorbent Paper Towel?

Epiphany stroked Mojo, wiping away a tear.


 “My mother says that until Mojo I was completely self-absorbed, concerned about nothing and nobody but me.”


Epiphany wiped away another tear.


“Did you think I was self-absorbed?” she asked.  “Only thinking about myself?”


‘You were an endless narcissistic documentary on your own life, narrated in great detail by an annoyingly whiny voice,’ I thought.


“A little,” I said.  “But Mojo gave you some of that self/other balance. You take care of yourself, but also think about other things as well, including people and pets.”


Epiphany smiled. “Balance,” she said. She scratched behind Mojo’s ear. “Who’s a good doggie who gave mommy balance?”


 

Today I’ll find balance between taking care of myself and thinking of others.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment