Monday, May 23, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

It’s Not Automatic

After the phone call I went to the Men’s Room.


A young man waiting for detox stood with his hands under the soap dispenser.


No soap came out.


“It’s not the automatic kind,” I said. “You have to push the lever.”


He stared at me, then back at the dispenser, then back at me again. One of his eyes was half open.


“Life is like a soap dispenser,” I said, sharing my wisdom with this semi-conscious man, the sink, and the urinals. “Most times you have to push a little to get things started.”


The man pushed the lever, nearly falling over from the effort.


“Most times you have to push yourself.”

 

Today I will push a little to get something started.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment