Friday, May 6, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Glaciers and AA’s Promises

I passed Abigail’s office on my way to my own. Usually Abigail greeted me with a bare head nod, a disapproving look, or a complaint.


 On a good day I might get a half-hearted smile.


That day she smiled like she meant it.


Later, Randy told me his cousin’s new relationship was undoing the damage their aunt had done to Abigail’s psyche.


“Ken, have you ever watched a clip of a glacier melting?” Randy asked. “A little chunk here and there falls off, then a big chunk, then maybe another smaller one.”


“Abigail’s getting better, but the progress is uneven,” I guessed.


“Like they say in the Promises, ‘sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.’”

 

Today I know progress, no matter how uneven, is still progress.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment