Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

The Toaster Whisperer

I hadn’t heard Dr. Deb come downstairs.  I jumped when she asked, “Helping the toaster get over its bread addiction?”


“It’s not good to scare old people,” I said.


Dr. Deb laughed, hugged me from behind, and told me she loved me, even if I did talk to household appliances.


“You’re my kind of weird,” she said.


I didn’t mind being weird. Being sober in a drinking culture was weird, but had served me well.


I thought of other ways people were weird. For most people getting along with people they didn’t agree with was weird. Being optimistic online was becoming weirder by the day.  Some days common courtesy seemed weird.


I made up mind to be a little weird that day.


 

Today I’ll be a little weird.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment