Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Try

I got to work the next morning just in time to answer the first call.  The caller wanted to know if he could do his court-mandated rehab as a home-study course. 


I told him no, not at our facility. He wasn’t pleased.


I sucked. The rehab sucked. The police sucked. His lawyer sucked. The judge sucked.


Apparently, the Honda Motor Corporation sucked for not including a DUI checkpoint warning system in Civics.


He hung up. My mind wandered. I picked up DD the bunny and put him on my lap.


I laughed. “Maybe I do suck at some things,” I said. “But I try not to when it comes to the important stuff, like family, work, and sobriety.”


DD looked up at me, a question in his eyes.


“Oh, golf. I suck at golf. I golf almost as well as otters fly. Dancing, singing, and math – add those to the list.”


I stroked his back.


“But I really try hard not to suck at the important stuff, and that’s what matters most.”

 

Today I’ll try not to suck at anything important.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment