Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Sad and Grateful

As we were leaving, and out of the blue, Margaret the Newbie said, “I miss Stanley.”

Epiphany cackled. “The first time I met Stanley he shook my hand and told me not to get my hopes up, he was too old for me.  He was always telling me to drive safely on the way home.”

Margaret laughed.  “He would take a jab at you, and in the next breath ask if you were OK.”

“Sucks missing someone,” Epiphany said. “Can’t do anything about it.”

I shrugged. “If you never missed anyone, it would mean there was never someone in your life you cared about.”

“You miss him too, don’t you?” Margaret asked.

“I do,” I said. “I’m sad and grateful at the same time.”

 

Today I’ll be grateful for people I cared enough about to miss.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment