Friday, September 9, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Mountains and Molehills

When I got home I opened my laptop to check my email. The first message I saw was from a conference organizer reminding potential speakers their applications were due in a week.


“Damn,” I said to the dog. “I’ll never have something ready by then.”


I immediately started beating myself up over it. The conference was in another state, and offered a chance to speak to a new audience.


The dog yawned. I took a deep breath.  I hadn’t had time to work on the application because I had been working on much more important projects closer to home.  The conference was an annual event. I could apply next year.


“It’s a molehill,” I said.


The dog looked at me quizzically.


I scratched her ears and quoted one of my favorite sayings, “Ulcers come from mountain climbing molehills.”

 

Today I’ll remember ulcers come from mountain climbing molehills.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment