Monday, September 26, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Nothin’ Doin’

That afternoon I sat down with a young man on the wall outside the dorm.

“You ever felt like you had to do something, but there was nothing to do?” he asked.

“I have,” I said.

“So, you’re frustrated, so you want to do something else?”

“Not sure where you’re going with this.”

He stared at his shoes. “My dad’s sick. Really sick.  I gotta do something, but there’s nothing I can do, so I want to get drunk. I feel like such a loser. It’s the last thing he’d want.”

I shook my head. “You’re not a loser. In fact, I think you should pat yourself on the back for doing nothing so far. Sometimes that’s the hardest thing to do.”

 

Today I know nothing can be the hardest thing to do.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossi

No comments:

Post a Comment